Friday, July 06, 2012

Neisha Bernard-Thomas – Road to London 2012

After traveling across the Atlantic from my base in the United States it took a full day to recover from the jetlag.
My first session on the track went well which included 1x500m, 1x300m and 1x200m. Although I didn’t hit the exact times my coach wanted I was happy with what I achieved, given the weather conditions here in Sunderland.
My session also included weightlifting. The weights are measured in kilogrammes so it was trial and error when I first started.
Before every track session I have a long run in the morning. The morning runs are very refreshing because I get to run along the beach although I can’t get in because the water is too cold.
I wrapped up the first week with an easy jog today and I will have a break on Saturday but run on Sunday and prepare for the start of the second week on Monday, which should be a tough one.
Although I have been to this side of the world before my body is still taking a while to adjust to the time difference. 

No comments: