Monday, July 16, 2012

Grenadian Athletes – Road to London 2012

Courtesy Wayne Wilson
Neisha Bernard-Thomas
It was another successful day at training in preparation for the Olympic Games.
My body is starting to feel good again. I am now getting into the spirit as I think more about the opening of the Games next Friday because I know once that takes place it would be time for serious business.
I am excited to see what’s going to happen. The weather has been the trending topic around England.
I am gearing up to compete at a meet in Amsterdam, Holland on Saturday (EAP Amsterdam Open) so we’ll see where I am at, and shape wise. After not racing since June 2, I am anxious to see where I am now.
But the countdown is definitely on and soon we will be moving into the Olympic village.
Kurt Felix
I had a very light day today because of the weather and competition this week.
However, I was limited to some speed work, hurdles, long and high jump drills. Rain prevented me from a full training programme.
I am leaving West Sussex on Tuesday for Wales where I will compete in the Welsh Athletics International in Cardiff on Wednesday.
This is my final high-level competition before the Olympic Games. I will be competing in the Javelin and Long Jump events.

No comments: