Friday, July 06, 2012

Joel Redhead – Road to London 2012

Joel Redhead
It has been a full week (June 29th) since I arrived in Sunderland and things are looking better for me. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the Games because on the day of competition I just want to have a clear mind.
I have been receiving therapy for my hip injury and I am feeling a lot better than a few weeks ago. I am excited that I am not in much pain.
My goal at this Olympic Games is to have the best performance of my life – give it my all because I know my ability and potential.
Competing at the Olympics is like a dream come through and I am fully honoured to represent my country.
Coach Albert Joseph prepared my work out for me which started with weights. It was not at my top level because I was still trying to shake off some of the jet lag.
I took some well needed rest during the first few days and felt great. The people who are coordinating our visit here are amazing. They ensure that we have everything we need. Thanks to Ivan and Shawn, they are very nice people and deserve a badge.
I had some fast 300s this week. I was able to complete two fast ones (I am not going to disclose the times). But it was a hard work out after the second one and I was fighting to catch my breath. For a minute I thought I was about to die because I was laid out. But I finally was able to recover and it shows how hard I am working.
It was not only training this week but media interactions as well. I had a media interview on the track with Sunderland University.

No comments: