Sunday, July 31, 2011

SGU Medical Student Represents Grenada at Jaycees Caribbean Queen Show


Nakitta Noel, a student at St. George’s University, School of Medicine (SGUSOM) is representing Grenada at the 2011 Jaycees Caribbean Queen Show.
She will join her fellow classmates at SGUSOM’s Fall 2011 White Coat Ceremony, in reciting the Oath of Professional Commitment and donning white coats that will symbolize their entry into the School of Medicine. 
When asked about her future as a physician, she stated, “My aim then is to dutifully perform my task as a general practitioner and provide the best health care in my capability. I seek to adjust the health sector in my country for the betterment of my Grenadian people because I love the country and its people…”
She went on the say, “I am committed to my 4 years in medical school and my career as a Medical Doctor (M.D.).  My motivation, my hunger for success and my passion for the medical industry will carry me through.” She credits having the value of the importance of hard work being instilled in her at childhood with playing a role in her ambition and focus.
As the reigning Miss Grenada Carnival Queen 2010, Nakitta was given the opportunity to represent Grenada at this competition. 
The Jaycees Caribbean Queen Show is being held in Antigua and participants are expected from nine other countries across the Caribbean: Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Guyana, Montserrat, St. Kitts and St. Maarten.   
We wish Nakitta best of luck and are certain that she will continue do herself and country proud.
Published on 7/28/11 – www.sgu.edu
Photo credit: Spice Vibes Grenada

No comments: